If the charcoal filters do not absorb the steam escaping from the dishes during cooking, the filters can be washed and restored.
Under normal conditions, the filters should be washed every 3-4 months, or more often if the hood is used intensively. With intensive use of the cooker hood, the carbon filters should be washed no more than 5 times. In other cases, the filters can be washed up to 8 times. Then they need to be replaced.
If the filters do not absorb the smell of cooking food, they must be replaced.
RESTORATION OF ACTIVATED CARBON FILTERS:
- Place the filters in the dishwasher and select an intensive program with max. temperature 70 ° C without soap solution. The filter can also be washed under hot tap water without a sponge.
- When the water drains from the filter, place it in the oven. Set the oven temperature to 70 ° C and dry the filter for two hours.
New filters can be purchased from an Authorized Service Center.
How do you replace a carbon cartridge?
Many buyers of hoods, not wanting to deal with the process of replacing filters, prefer to periodically invite specialists. It is convenient, but it comes with financial costs. At the same time, there is nothing difficult in servicing the hood.
Before starting service, carefully study the instructions supplied with the device. Most manufacturers also produce videos showing the filter replacement process. The better you figure out what to do and how, the easier and faster you will get the job done.
Disconnect the hood from the mains before starting work. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in injury from electric shock!
Further maintenance is performed according to the following algorithm:
- Removing the grate for coarse air cleaning. As a rule, it is secured with latches and can be removed easily. The grate must be cleaned from dust and dirt.
- Replacing the carbon-filled cassette. Usually, its dismantling and installation also does not cause difficulties.
- Reinstall the grille.
Do not put the wire rack back until it is completely dry. Otherwise, moisture will clog the cartridge and create favorable conditions for corrosion.
It remains to turn on the hood and make sure that everything is working properly: there are no extraneous noises and knocks, a normal level of traction is provided.
Can we reuse carbon filter?
Filter blocks are quite expensive (unless, of course, you use low quality products). Therefore, users of recirculation hoods periodically face the question: can the replacement process be made cheaper? For some models, such a reduction in price is quite possible. You just need to not throw away the used filter.
Once removed, inspect the filter for snaps or other evidence that it can be disassembled.
- If the body is collapsible, it is carefully opened and the caked carbon filler is removed.
- Then, new activated carbon is poured into the cleaned case.
It is much cheaper to buy granular carbon filler in a container of large volume than to pay for a new cartridge every time. Replacing the charcoal filter in time will extend the life of your hood and provide a healthy kitchen environment. And this will allow the hostess to get tired less when cooking. It is worth the work for such a result!