The dishwasher is an important element in the kitchen. Without it, housework will take much longer. After all, you do not need to waste time on handwashing dishes, which are also very difficult to clean.
But, as in any business, there are pitfalls here. For more complete and long-term work, you need constant care of the dishwasher.
Why you need to care
Careful maintenance of the machine can extend the life of the device for a long period of time. It also allows you to preserve its original appearance, which also plays an important role in preserving the aesthetics of the machine.
Dishwasher care is based on several basic methods:
- dry cleaning;
- manual cleaning;
Each method is designed to clean a particular part of the device. They are also united by the fact that all of them are able to provide a long and practical life to the dishwasher.
Important! It should only be taken into account that the cleaning method must be selected based on the model of the device. Thus, the likelihood of damage is minimized.
Before proceeding with the care of the machine, it is necessary to inspect it for damage or other deviations from factory standards. The most common damage is bursting drain/fill water hoses, cracks in the hull, clogged sewer outlets, and many others.
Inspection is best done with lighting fixtures that provide a more reliable result. Based on the information received, it can be concluded whether it is worth carrying out the cleaning process or whether the machine needs professional repair.
In order to figure out how to take care of the dishwasher, you need to consider each care product separately and decide on the appropriate one.
The most affordable way for an ordinary housewife. In stores, you can find a lot of tools that allow you to dry clean without the use of additional tools.
With the help of chemical mixtures, it is really possible to produce high-quality care for the dishwasher. They operate on the principle of decomposition or annihilation of foreign substances. An example of such an action is an example of the effect of an acid on an alkali. Since when washing dishes, products are often used that contain alkali, it is not completely washed off, but partially remains in the device, having a detrimental effect on metal parts. Therefore, many housewives use various acids in order to neutralize the alkali.
Caring for a dishwasher with chemistry is quite simple. All that is needed is to purchase any detergent for the machine or a special powder. Depending on the type of application, it can be poured inside or, using additional tools in the form of a rag or sponge, thoroughly wash the machine.
This way you can solve a lot of problems:
- blockages in pipes;
- unpleasant smell in the dishwasher ;
- restore the drum and other parts of the device to their former shine, and much more.
Chemicals usually do not cause much damage to the parts of the installation. On the contrary, they retain the appearance of the machine for a longer period.
Some tips for using chemistry
Chemistry is best used directly while washing dishes. But before that, it is necessary to carefully study the composition of the active substance and detergent for possible interactions. This can also be asked from the seller in the home appliance store. After using chemicals, put the dishwasher on the washing (or rinsing) mode, and repeat this operation 2 times. This is necessary for the full removal of accumulated substances and debris.
There are times when it is not possible to purchase special chemicals for dishwasher care. In such cases, you can carry out care with your own hands.
Manual cleaning is of course less effective in hard-to-reach places, but it is still effective when cleaning the outside and in the area where dishes are placed. With manual care, you can use anything – rags, sponges, detergents, powders and everything that can be used without harm to the body.
The most “dirty” areas in the dishwasher are the pipes and the bottom tray, which very often accumulate not only food particles, but also harmful bacteria. Stale water is an excellent environment for the development of pathogenic diseases.
Therefore, when treating such places, you need to use as many active substances as possible and make every effort. If everything is done correctly, then a pleasant smell of detergents will always come from the dishwasher, and its service life will double.
There are a lot of advantages of the manual way of care. Starting with financial savings, ending with a more predictable result of care. It also depends on the perseverance of the housewife.
Prevention plays an important role in keeping your dishwasher running smoothly. It is better to prevent the onset of a disease than to cure it.
Preventive measures include:
- Constant ventilation of the internal surface of the device;
- Use of antimicrobial agents in dishwashing;
- Continuous performance monitoring;
- Washing all surfaces of the machine;
- Maintenance of rubber parts and much more.
If qualitatively, and most importantly, timely preventive maintenance of the machine, then the causes of breakdowns will become much less. It is necessary to carry out prophylaxis at least once a week, since it is during this period that microbial spores and blockages in pipes usually develop.
With more intensive use of the dishwasher (for example, in a restaurant business), this period is reduced to 2-3 days.
Over time, parts in the device of machine may change their position. This also needs to be taken into account and occasionally return to their place.
Manufacturers of modern models of dishwashers recommend the use of additional cleaning filters to prevent scale formation. This should be taken with special attention because the scale is the cause of the failure of most washing machines and dishwashers.
Proper maintenance extends the life of your dishwasher
The quality of work is affected not only by care, but also by the correct operation of the dishwasher. To do this, you must follow some rules that will save the life of the device.
- The most important thing to do after buying a dishwasher is to install it correctly. It should be in a perfectly horizontal plane. Thus, it will fruitfully affect the working processes of the machine and extend its service life.
- When loading dishes into the basket, you must first remove large food residues. This approach prevents the occurrence of blockages, and also allows you to wash dishes more efficiently.
- In the process of laying plates or cups, you need to be very careful, because if you fold them incorrectly, this can lead to damage. Splinters of dishes can get into the outlet paths, thereby damaging the hoses along the way.
- You should always choose a washing mode in accordance with the degree of soiling of the dishes and the quality of the material used. This will save not only detergent but also the supply of the device itself.
- After the completion of the operation of the machine, it is necessary to rinse it. Most models already have a similar mode, so it remains only to press the button and wait a while.
- After the end of all processes, you need to open the machine and give it time to dry. Small particles of water in the form of steam can harm electronics, in this case, such a probability is extremely small. You can also dry the inside surface with an ordinary dry cloth.
These manipulations must be carried out constantly, with each process of operation of the machine. This approach is extremely important when using absolutely any model of dishwasher.
With the constant observance of such rules of care, as well as the use of high-quality household chemicals, the appearance of unexpected breakdowns can be completely excluded. It is only necessary to treat this more responsibly and without fanaticism.