When the harvest in the garden is harvested, the most important question arises: how to preserve fruits and berries, so much so that they do not lose vitamins and useful properties. One way is to squeeze the most valuable out of them and preserve the juice for storage. Which juicer is better to use for this, read our article.
Which juicer is best for homemade products
An ordinary household juicer for squeezing juice in large volumes will not work, the load will be too large. It is necessary to use special devices here.
There are two main types of juicers:
- screw – juicer of low and medium power, suitable for daily use at home for making several glasses of juice;
- centrifugal – high power juicer, most models allow squeezing juice in large volumes.
The centrifugal juicer uses a special knife to grind vegetables and fruits in puree and squeeze the juice using a centrifuge and a filter system.
With the help of a centrifugal juicer, you can squeeze the juice of any both hard and soft vegetables and fruits, as well as seedless berries.
After pressing, there remains fruit or vegetable puree, which also experienced housewives can use in conservation.
What are the parameters for choosing a juicer for homemade preparations
Juicers with a cylindrical separator allows you to squeeze out of vegetables and fruits up to 95% of the juice. These are the most productive models. The only drawback is that such a juicer needs to be turned off often, the separator must be removed and the cake must be manually cleaned from it.
Juicers with a conical separator are less efficient and squeeze no more than 80% of the juice. They are equipped with a special removable container that can be cleaned without disassembling the juicer.
In powerful centrifugal juicers, as a rule, there is no built-in or removable juice container.
The optimum power of a centrifugal juicer for juicing for the winter is 600-900 W. Powerful models can generate a fairly high level of noise during operation. Pay attention to this indicator when buying.
Rotation speed of the centrifugal mechanism
The larger it is, the more juice the juicer produces. The optimal indicator is 9000-12000 rpm. There are models with a rotation speed of up to 20,000 rpm, but they are significantly more expensive, and in terms of performance they are slightly superior to conventional juicers.
The ability to adjust the rotational speed is a useful feature that allows you to select the optimal operating mode. For hard vegetables, high speed is required, and for soft fruits and berries, a low speed of rotation of the mechanism is sufficient.
Useful functions of the juicer:
- control system for the volume of pulp in the finished juice;
- closed tray for loading fruits;
- protection against accidental activation when parts are removed or improperly assembled;
- pulse mode for squeezing juice from hard fruits;
- anti-drip system, which protects against dripping juice when the device is off;
- foam separation system;
- engine cooling system and overheating protection;
- self-cleaning system (automatic ejection of cake);
- removable cake compartment;
- rubberized feet with suction cups for stability of the juicer when working at high speeds;
- centrifuge cleaning devices;
- replaceable screw attachments for cutting vegetables and fruits into slices.
How much does a juicer cost
|Centrifugal juicer||The cost|
|For home use (power up to 500 W)||16$||323$|
|For household items (power 600-900 W)||17,75$||581$|
|For juice preparation in large volumes (power over 1000 W)||31,50$||670$|