Correct operation will save you from early separation from the “breadwinner” and will save a lot of money on forced repairs. Consider a few valuable tips.
- The refrigerator should be connected to a separate socket with good quality grounding, without any intermediate extension cord.
- Do not neglect the installation of a network stabilizer: the voltage passing through such a filter is substantially equalized, so the electronics will be reliably protected from overloads and sudden current surges.
- When placing the unit, try to maintain at least a minimum, 5 cm, distance to walls and surrounding furniture – otherwise, the walls of the unit may heat up (this feature is typical for models with a lateral condenser).
- At least ten minutes should elapse from the moment of shutdown until the refrigerator is restarted.
- Monitor the condition of food on a daily basis: the slightest signs of spoilage will indicate that the food must be urgently evacuated outside the cell, otherwise a persistent unpleasant smell will appear very quickly. For the same reasons, it is also recommended to ventilate the refrigerator periodically.
- Wet cleaning should be carried out every week, regardless of defrosting (any dirt must be removed immediately). Be sure to unplug the power cord while cleaning.
- It is strictly forbidden to wash the glass shelves of the refrigerator with hot water: due to a sharp jump in temperatures, there is a risk of cracking. The exception is removable shelves, which can be pre-warmed at room temperature.
- It is advisable to use cling film, foil and plastic containers with sealed lids for storing food. Before laying out fruit and vegetables, be sure to cover the bottom of the compartment with a plastic bag.
- A rubber bulb will help to eliminate the blockage in the drain system during defrosting. Fill it with warm water and squeeze a powerful jet into the drain. In the future, to prevent “relapse”, move food as far away from the evaporator as possible.