Roller blinds are a practical design that will successfully replace the usual fabrics. We will analyze all possible ways of fix the blinds.
How to fix roller blinds to plastic windows
Important! For drilling installation you will need: tape measure, level, simple pencil, sharp knife, drill, screws, screwdriver. We offer you to see how the roller blind design looks like and where it can be attached.
- Determine where the curtains will be located.
- Mark the points for the grooves.
- Drill holes in the designated places, hang the brackets.
- Mount the mechanism with the chain on one end of the shaft with the blade.
- Check the functionality of the chain system.
- On the opposite side, insert a stopper into the shaft tube.
- Fix the strip in the grooves, secure the ends of the pipe with clamps.
- Check the functionality.
How to fix roller blinds on plastic windows without drilling
If the sash width permits, the brackets can be mounted on hooks. During installation, make sure that the latches do not interfere with the movement of the leaves when opening and closing.
- Fasten the brackets with hooks at the same distance from the edges of the sash.
- Place a plug on one end of the shaft tube, secure it in the bracket.
- Hang the chain mechanism on the opposite end of the pipe.
- Insert the plug, then fix the structure.
How to fix roller blinds on plastic windows without drilling on tape on a blind window
To mount the structure on the sash, you need to purchase special side brackets with a gear. They are easily glued to the surface with adhesive tape.
Step by step algorithm:
- Place duct tape on the back of the slotted plate.
- Insert the plates into the side brackets.
- Mount the hoist to the gear.
- Secure the structure in the brackets.
How to fix day / night roller blinds
Day-night curtains are made using innovative technology that allows you to adjust the degree of lighting. There are several product classifications.
Types of products by type of control
|Chain||The mechanism is equipped with a plastic chain, when you try to pull it, rotation is activated. If you release the chain, the blade will lock in the desired position.|
|Remote||Such products are equipped with an electric drive. Control is carried out from the remote control|
|Spring||Curtains must be fixed manually with a special hook or ring|
How to fix roller blinds on wooden windows
Fix roller blinds on wooden windows involves placing brackets on the ceiling or in the opening. It is necessary to drill holes in the selected places and fix the holders with self-tapping screws.
Idea! If the frame is massive, you can attach the curtains directly to the sash. Use adhesive tape or tape with two sticky sides to secure the brackets. Before mounting, treat the surface with alcohol.
How to fix roller blinds with guides on plastic windows
Models with guides – products equipped with plastic or string structures, contributing to a tighter fit of the curtain to the window surface. Structures can be of an open type, when the shaft with the blade is in sight. Products with a box are supplemented with a cassette that covers a tube with a wound cloth.
Blinds can be mounted using self-tapping screws or special tape. Attach the brackets to the surface of the frame or into the opening in the chosen way, insert the base with the canvas, fix the guides, install the box (if any).
How to hang curtains with fishing line
Curtains for plastic windows are often produced with string guides. The line helps to avoid displacement of the blade during the closing and opening of the flaps.
How to fix roller blinds with fishing line:
- Connect the grooves and holders.
- Insert the strings into the lower holes of the holders.
- Glue the grooves to the frame or mount them with self-tapping screws.
- Install the chain mechanism on the tube with the canvas, put the plugs.
- Fix the shaft in the brackets.
- Attach a line tensioner to the bottom of the flap.
- Stretch the strings, press them down with the clamps.