Blinds are a functional window decoration that protects from bright light and sounds from the street. Consider the methods of fastening all types of structures.
Measurements before hang the blinds
You can place curtains inside or above the window opening. If you choose the second option, do not forget to add a few centimeters to the allowances when measuring.
- Measure the opening width and sash height.
- If you plan to hang blinds on the sashes, measure the height and width of the glass.
- Determine the length and width of the slats.
Optimal stock sizes
|From below||2 cm|
|From above||2 cm|
|Sideways||by 0.5 cm|
How to hang the blinds to drilled windows
Almost all types of blinds are mounted on brackets, so the first step is to fix the holders. If you want to place the curtains in the window opening or fix them on the ceiling, the grooves will have to be mounted using self-tapping screws. To do this, you need to mark the surface and make neat holes with a drill.
Important! When hang the curtains to the sash, you can do without drilling. However, if the structure is too heavy, it is better to firmly secure it. The holes for the brackets must be made at the corners of the window frame.
How to hang the blinds on plastic windows without drilling
It is not necessary to use a drill and self-tapping screws to install the blinds. Plates for brackets are available with a smooth surface and are fixed with adhesive tape. These elements are used to attach the holders directly to the plastic frame.
How to proceed:
- Use a simple pencil to mark on the frame where you plan to fix the details.
- Degrease the frame, glue the plates.
- Insert the brackets into the holders.
Important! Further stages of installation will depend on the type of construction.
How to hang horizontal blinds correctly
Such designs consist of horizontal slats and are considered the most popular. They are easy to operate and easy to install.
Hang horizontal blinds algorithm:
- Mark the areas where you will attach the brackets.
- Check that the points are equally spaced from the edges and the middle of the frame, and are on the same level.
- Drill the holes for the brackets.
- Fix the brackets with self-tapping screws and a screwdriver.
- Fasten the strip with the canvas in the brackets, turn the latch until it stops.
- Install the swing arm, check the structure is working properly.
How to hang vertical blinds on window
The slats of such blinds are arranged vertically, so the installation scheme will differ from other types of products. To work you will need: a drill, screwdriver or screwdriver, self-tapping screws, a building level, a tape measure, a simple pencil.
How to hang blinds on plastic windows yourself:
- Make markings for the brackets, drill holes.
- Attach the holders to the wall with self-tapping screws.
- Insert the curtain rod into the grooves, push until it clicks.
- Insert the slats into the runners on the plank.
Methods for hang roller blinds
The brackets can be fixed to the frame with liquid nails, duct tape, double-sided tape. All that remains is to install the bar with lamellas in the holders, fix the structure and adjust the control mechanism. Before manipulating, read the instructions for installing roller blinds (insert the link to the article “roller blinds”).
How to fix pleated blind
“Blinds” -plisse – products from a single piece of fabric. The original design in the form of an accordion is suitable for window openings of any shape.
Fix on glazing beads:
- Install the latches on the glazing bead.
- Mount on the structure of the control handle.
- Fasten the ends of the cords in the latches – two at the top and two at the bottom.
You can also strengthen the structure on the corner brackets located at the top and bottom of the frame. Other options are fixing with ceiling or wall holders. A simple and clear video instruction will help you cope with the task.