The name of this product has a new one, but its composition is traditionally based on the use of the long-known ruberoid. The changes that were made to this material showed it positively at a higher level. As a result, users were given the opportunity to apply an advanced, beautiful, convenient and reliable roofing. Photos of the types of soft roof tiles and prices show a formal resemblance to a traditional coating, but this is another, more modern material.
The peculiarity of the new products used in construction is that they combine the environmental friendliness and naturalness of the materials preceding them, but differ in less weight, ease of processing, and bright presentability. The technology of working with a soft coating makes it easy to cope with roofs of any designs and tilt angles.
Prices and types of soft roof tiles in the shape of the product
The bituminous flexible tile has a flat surface. There is no corrugation on it, but this does not stop talking about this material as an analogue of traditional tiles. This is explained by the similarity in the way of laying, but a flexible roof has a wider application and can be used on complex, round, with turrets, hybrid and other types of roofs.
By types and prices, soft roof tiles are divided into:
- single layer;
- multilayer or laminated;
- with a metal coating.
In addition to bitumen, fiberglass is largely present in the composition of soft roofing material . This gives the tile a high resistance to tearing and stretching, incombustibility and resistance to deformation under the influence of high temperatures. The technology of using the roof allows you to use it for re-overlapping on top of the old soft material.
Such reinforcement of the roof will not create an excessive load on its base, since it does not have excess weight. This parameter is only 9 to 13 kg per m². As a result, the repair will be less time-consuming, non-waste, and the remaining layer will become an additional protective cover from cold and noise.
Features of the bottom layer
In the photo, the types and prices of soft roofs stand out as real attractiveness. The lower part of the product has adhesive qualities, therefore it is protected from self-adhesion with a film or sanding. During laying on the roof, this ball is removed, and after the connection of bituminous substances, it sticks together. Faster this process occurs if the material is heated.
But during storage, sheets of soft roofing material must be isolated from each other, because they will become unusable. It is very important to consider that tiles cannot be laid at temperatures below -5 °. The cold will not allow the material to self-stick, and it will not last long. In addition, at temperatures below the boundary mark, the tile will begin to break.
The quality of the types of soft roof tiles
Only high-quality material can ensure long and reliable operation of roofs. In this regard, all types of soft roof tiles are valuable because, subject to the rules of installation, they turn into a flexible, but unbreakable monolith. Such a roof will be a reliable protection of the house from heat and cold, moisture and decay.
When purchasing a product, you need to make sure that it is of high quality. Even a superficial glance will report on the state of the tile by the location of the upper layer of crumbs. If it is scattered evenly, securely glued, it means that the goods are of good quality. An additional hint that can be used is the elasticity and uniformity of the thickness of the sheet layer.
Photo types of soft roofs and prices
The cost of a soft roof depends on the manufacturer and the quality of the material. The price range is quite wide, and it reflects the features of the bitumen roof and the specifics of its application:
- cheap materials can be purchased at a price of $ 3.2 per 1 m²;
- the most common price of soft roofing is in the range of $ 5.6 per 1 m²;
- if you prefer all the best, skip the first two paragraphs and move on to products that start at $ 9.7 for 1 m².
How to check tiles for quality
Poor quality tiles will impart excessive rigidity, which will interfere with working with this material. Such simple tricks for checking the quality of tiles will help the buyer not to make a mistake with the choice and not throw money away. When installing bituminous tiles, it is necessary to provide a ventilation gap between the plates and lags. This will avoid rotting the wooden elements of the lathing. Also, such a layer makes it possible to further insulate the roof. Air vapors must exit from under the ridge.
Benefits of Flexible Tiling
soft roof tiles have several advantages:
- light weight. For work at height, this is essential, as well as the fact that the roof will not be overloaded with excessive weight. The effect that the buyer receives from using such a product is obvious. This is a saving not only on the material, but also on the truss structure;
- high thermal insulation capabilities. They are best manifested in interaction with wooden plates, which are used as a lining;
- anti-noise protection. Under the roof of shingles is much calmer and more comfortable during rain or hail. Metal analogues cannot be compared with bitumen in this respect;
- in the same way, a soft material surpasses a metal profile in resisting the effects of corrosion;
- not electrically conductive. For such a roof, grounding devices are not required;
- not influenced by wind. Sailing does not appear in this material;
- impact resistance. A roof made of soft material will not suffer from a large hail or from pebbles falling on its surface. This is opposed both by a continuous crate, and by the shock-absorbing properties of bitumen that absorb the shock force;
- simple and easy installation;
- aesthetics is achieved not due to color contrast, but due to the ability to combine sheets of different shapes, as well as fancy bends, which are impossible to make from other roofing materials . The geometry of shapes is unlimited.
Disadvantages of soft roof tiles
Flexible tile is not without its drawbacks:
- poor frost resistance. Over time, due to temperature fluctuations, the flexible tile is deformed, cracks and tears appear on it;
- the material shows weakness under the influence of sunlight, lends itself to the influence of an aggressive environment, flowering. The rough surface becomes a place where dust and leaves of trees accumulate. In order to protect the material from fungus, special treatment is required;
- water absorption. This figure is about 10%. As a basis it is necessary to use moisture-proof boards made of wood or plywood;
- work with this material is not advisable on hot days, especially during repairs. Large gusts of bitumen products are possible;
- thermal stability is only + 100 ° C.
Flexible Roof Features
Soft roof tiles with a large slope are more profitable than other materials. With its natural tenacity, it can be laid on roofs at an angle of 90 °. There are no complex roof configurations for bitumen material. Bituminous sheets can be laid on complex curved surfaces with high precision joining and abutment. Such material in this regard cannot replace any other product.
How to install a soft roof
Photos of the soft roof allow us to conclude that it is not difficult to lay material. It is placed on pre-fixed wooden boards. Installation is carried out from the central part of the roof to its end sections. The protrusions of the next row are superimposed on the mount of the previous one. For those who do this work, it is important to use a mixed sheet selection system from different packages. This will help to avoid the effect of spotting roofs.
In places of exit to the surface of the chimneys, it is necessary to carry out additional insulation measures and create protection from rubber seals. For the installation of the ridge part, special sheets in the form of tiles are used. If you understand and correctly lay the soft roof tiles, you can make a very beautiful roof. But if it is possible to attract a specialist, this will help reduce the likelihood of making mistakes to zero. It’s a roof after all.